~~~ delicious, malicious, and not at all nutritious ~~~

The Printed Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NEW Yogurt Fusion on Denton Town Square


Yesterday I traveled the short distance from my house to Denton's town square. My mission? To find out how the new Yogurt Fusion compares to Yogurt Story (located near Chipotle on Loop 288).
Upon entering the bright little shop, I was immediately impressed by how clean and shiny everything was. The set up was the same as at Yogurt Story: there were yogurt dispensers along one wall and toppings spread out on the counter. Yogurt flavors included strawberry, blueberry, vanilla, pistachio, tart, yellow cake batter, chocolate, cookie dough, and several others. There was a nice variety of yogurt flavors, but the amount and variety of toppings was what really impressed me. Not only did they have the standard fresh fruit toppings as well as traditional ice cream toppings (cookie dough chunks, chocolate sprinkles, coconut flakes) but they had a large assortment of candy and cereal toppings. I saw Skittles next to granola chunks, and even pretzel bites!
Besides the larger assortment of toppings, there was no real difference in taste between Yogurt Fusion and Yogurt Story. But it was the atmosphere inside of Yogurt Fusion that was a little bit more 'Denton': there were stools facing the street and tables and chairs outside so that you could watch the town square while enjoying your frozen treat, and the girl behind the counter was incredibly friendly and helpful. There was even a Wii console set up for customers to use!
The only thing that I thought they could improve upon was the music: while I was waiting for the cashier to ring us up, I could plainly here a top 40 radio station blaring through the speakers. With such a rich music culture here in town, why not incorporate local artists into your playlist instead of blasting that junk?
Music aside, I think that Yogurt Fusion has great potential. Feeling extra nosy, I perused their Facebook page and I absolutely loved what they had to say:

"Yogurt Fusion is all about the people. It is the place where people can share life together! It is the fusion of healthy frozen desserts and specialty coffee drinks. It is the fusion of people of various cultures, backgrounds, ages and talents!"

Now THAT is a mission statement! I really hope that Yogurt Fusion garners the kind of attention and business that makes them a local staple. I'm tired of driving to the always-hectic Loop 288, where I'm forced to stand in a long line with a bunch of high school students on first dates. And besides, we could always use another great dessert spot here in Denton!

Photo taken from http://www.facebook.com/yogurtfusion

No comments:

Post a Comment